We are really excited at Holme Upon Spalding Moor to be trialing a new approach to homework!
Each term we will give out a new homework grid, this will contain homework for the term and will be based around our current topic.
- There are 4 compulsory tasks which the children must complete in their 'learning challenge books' and hand in by the date shown on the grid.
- All other tasks on the grid are optional, to enhance the children's learning.
- Each task is awarded a merit value which the children will receive once their homework is handed in.
- Evidence of your child's homework could be written work, artwork or photos.
- Homework is part of school life and it is expected that it is completed to a good standard. It forms part of the school's assessment procedures and can provide an insight into the pupils' ability to engage in independent learning
We still expect children in Year 5 and 6 to be completing their weekly maths task, daily reading, weekly spellings and practicing their 'learn its'.
Please click on the homework image to download 'Spring Term 2017 Year 5/6 Learning Challenge Grid.'
Wacky Water Challenge - Download here!
Design a new front cover for 'Journey to Jo'burg' - Download here!